Davi Torres – System and Network Administrator
Innovative and responsible well describe my working approach. Always keeping in mind the company’s values I seek the best possible performance of the network and its systems without sacrificing security and reliability.
Summary of Qualifications
• Advanced Diploma in Computer Systems Networks from Centennial College.
• 12+ years of experience in Linux Servers, Networks, and Development.
• 4 years of experience as an electronic components developer at Ford Motor Company.
• Excellent communication skills and program management.
• Strong background in Defensive and Offensive Cyber Security and Linux Servers.
Computer Systems Networking – Graduated Advanced Certificate
Centennial College – Toronto, ON
September 2019 to April 2021
Red Seal Electrician Certified – AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate
Ontario College of Trades – Toronto, ON
May 2020 to August 2020
Mechanic Automation Engineer – Bachelor Degree
Laureate International Universities – Brazil
January 2008 to December 2011
L2 IT Support Analyst at Simnet
Since May 2021 – Canada
I am currently working as a Level 2 for tech support escalation. At this position, I troubleshoot and investigate further the issues that Level 1 could not solve and/or find the root cause. I am also responsible for managing several backup infrastructures and jobs (cloud and on-prem). Among many other activities, setting up alerts, monitoring server resources, troubleshooting network devices, deploying services, and implement projects are part of my activities.
System and Network Administrator at nanoHOST
January 2008 to December 2014
Operating Systems: Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, and macOS.
Applications: MS Office, Outlook, Visio, and Project.
Relational Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, and Access.
Web Frameworks: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OpenCart, phpBB, and more.
Networking and Firewalls: Cisco, pfSense, Mikrotik, Aruba, and FortiGate.
Product Engineer at Ford Motor Company
April 2014 to July 2018
Design Engineer of automotive electric and electronic parts. NOT INTERESTED IN AUTOMOTIVE!
Responsible for the first modem (LTE-to-CAN) for South American cars, combining cloud-based services to CGEA/Legacy/Ethernet automotive architectures.
• Windows, Oﬃce, Visio, Outlook (15+ years)
• Vmware / ESXi (10+ years)
• VirtualBox (10+ years)
• Linux / Ubuntu (15+ yesrs)
• Network Administration (10+ years)
• Network Security (6 years)
• Web Development (10+ years)
• SQL (MySQL and MariaDB) (10+ years)
• WordPress (7 years)
• Cisco Router and Switches (10+ years)
• Python (4 years)
• OpenVPN (5 years)
• IPSec (6 years)
• pfSense (6 years)
• OpenWRT (6 years)
• Mikrotik (4 years)
• FortiGate (1 year)
• Aruba (2 years)
• GIT (6 years)
• Ansible (4 years)
• Apache (10+ years)
• NGNX (10+ years)
• SSL/TLS (6 years)
• Postﬁx / Sendmail (5 years)
• Bind9 (6 years)
• SSHd (10+ years)
• proFTPd / vsFTPd (10+ years)
• Fail2Ban (6 years)
• Cyber Security Practices (7 years)
• Oﬀensive Security (3 years)
• Web App Pen Testing (3 years)
• Burp Suite (3 years)
• ZAP OWASP (3 years)
• Nessus (3 years)
• Kali / Parrot (6 years)
• Cloud (AWS / GCP / Azure / Linode) (2 years)
• NextCloud (4 years)
• FreeNAS (4 years)
• PGP / GnuGP (5 years)
• Remote Access (RDP / VNC) (10+ years)
• Active Directory (6 years)
• SMB / FNS (10+ years)
• Docker (4 years)
• Kubernetes (2 years)
• Many more!